Sunday, February 24, 2008

Rubberfest


Well, Rubberfest was a success.

Pictured above is Sycamore Smith, my favorite act of the night. Some guy I forgot the name of played before him, and he was only okay. After Sycamore, Grounded played, and I really only think they are okay. I don't feel like Shad and Kevin sing with enough emotion, but they are still pretty good. Then some more people played, and the last act was Sycamore's second set.

I bought his CD called "Baboon," it's pretty good. His stage presence is awesome. He uses his jumbo acoustic guitar, sings songs about not-so-smart people (or animals), imitates a woodblock noise with his mouth at the perfect times, and plays a kazoo festooned to one of those Harmonica holders...

Escanaba needs more stuff like Rubberfest...

I wanna be in the next rubberfest :<

No comments: